Facing a new (well since 6+ years ago!) scenario for 2020 where I’ll be responsible for a pastoral care group (PCG) each morning at school. This is not a maths post… but one of those other important aspects of teaching I’m keen to primarily pool resources for, and also reflect on as necessary. Here goes…
- Begin with a class name! Gives identity and helps connect/unite people
- Can play ‘themed’ hangman – e.g. things that are stinky
- Food is king! Can do brekkie’s etc., whether that be bacon and eggs or waffles etc., or cakes etc. in general
- Giant ‘Jenga’ type games that might be available, or others like Finska, Bocce etc.
- Link to a few games that look ok here
- Old school trivia is always good fun (example), or online things like Kahoot!